Table of Contents
Detox Green Island Smoothie is the best way to eat all the greens! It’s the perfect breakfast for people with busy mornings, and its vibrant green colour just helps to uplift your mood. Moreover, this is a zero-sugar recipe, which makes it all the more healthy!
This recipe is a copycat of our favourite Tropical Smoothie Café, and I thought of making it in my own kitchen, because I wanted a healthy & yummy smoothie to include in my regular diet; and secondly, I can’t just visit the cafe every single time I crave for this smoothie!
And honestly, making smoothies at home gives me a peaceful and relaxed vibe! Plus, it tastes excellent. This Detox Island Green Tropical smoothie has one of my favourite colours, Green, which makes me feel close to nature and the smooth texture; I am a big fan of it!
How To Make Detox Island Green Smoothie?
Detox Island Green Smoothie
- High-Speed Blender
- Serving Glasses
- 1.5 Cups Of Cold Water/Coconut Water
- 1.5 Cups Of Pineapple Juice
- 3 Cups Of Frozen Pineapple
- 3 Cups Of Frozen Mango
- 3 Bananas Peeled
- 1.5 Cups Of Baby Kale
- 2.25 Cups Of Baby Spinach
- 2.25 tsp Ginger Paste
- In a high-speed blender, add all the ingredients like banana, pineapple juice, frozen mango, frozen pineapple, kale, spinach, ginger paste and cold water.
- Blend everything properly to attain a smooth and creamy consistency. It might take you some time to get all the ingredients combined well to form a smoothie and ensure that there are no chunks left.
- Now pour the smoothie into the serving glasses and serve immediately!
- Instead of using plain cold water, you can even use coconut water, which is amazing for your health.
- You can even use any milk of your choice, such as almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk instead of plain water.
- Remember to buy sweet frozen mangoes because this acts as a natural sweetener in the smoothie.
- I prefer to use frozen pineapple and mango as it makes the smoothie thicker & colder. But you can even use fresh fruits to make this smoothie. The fruits must be ripened as they enhance the taste.
- Purchase fresh & ripe bananas to make this smoothie as it makes the smoothie sweeter & tastier.
- I recommend using baby kale & spinach as they have soft and delicate leaves, which makes it easy to blend.
- To sweeten the smoothie, feel free to use dates, maple syrup or honey. This way, it will remain a healthy smoothie!
- Adjust the amount of ginger paste, depending on how strong or less flavour you prefer.
- You can add 1 cup of Greek Yogurt to make it more creamier and nutritious.
- A scoop of protein powder is also a good addition to the smoothie.
- Add a tablespoon of chia seeds for that extra kick of fibres & omega-3 fatty acids.
- You can also add a few ice cubes to give it an icier texture, just like the Tropical Smoothie Café uses ice.
- I like my smoothies on the thicker side, but if you like them to be on the thinner side, then add more liquid!
It is always recommended to enjoy the smoothies immediately after they are prepared. However, Detox Island Green Smoothie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. But I would suggest you have it before it completes 4 hours to enjoy its freshness and texture.
I hope you liked the recipe and would definitely try it out at your home! You just need these simple ingredients to give yourself a tropical treat, and you are good to go. You can even have it as breakfast or snack as it makes you feel full for a long time, and it’s superbly healthy. It is loaded with antioxidants and other nutrients required for our body. So, give it a try and let us know in the comment section below.
Is It Okay To Consume Detox Green Island Smoothie Daily?
What’s more nutritious than a green smoothie? Yes, you can have this smoothie every day, but remember, you need to have a balanced diet to see the results.
What Does A Detox Green Island Smoothie Do?
This particular smoothie is made up of green vegetables and fruits that are loaded with antioxidants and essential nutrients. The smoothie helps in detoxing and flushing out all the toxins from the body. It is also quite effective for weight loss.
Does Detox Island Green Smoothie Contain Sugar?
Absolutely no! It has no added sugar or any artificial sweeteners. The fruits used to make this smoothie, like bananas, frozen mango, pineapple juice & frozen pineapple, act as the natural sweeteners.