Table of Contents
Here we are with yet another interesting recipe! It’s Jeera Soda, a simple yet refreshing beverage cooing drink that helps us to stave off the heat waves in summer. This easy & cool beverage is excellent with regard to digestion.
There are so many home remedies that include jeera and are quite popular. You must have seen your Dadi or Nani using this super ingredient in a lot of curries or dishes! Above all, this spice is fully loaded with benevolence!
Wait a sec, just think about drinking Jeera Soda on a sunny day! Doesn’t it feel nice? And now, you can convert this pretty imagination into reality by following our step-by-step recipe!
How To Make Jeera Soda at Home?
Jeera Soda Recipe
- Large Glass
- A handful of Mint/Pudina leaves
- ¼ tsp of Ginger crushed
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Few ice cubes
- 3 slices of lemon
- 1 glass of soda water
- In order to make Jeera Soda, first you have to take a blender and put some mint leaves, ¼ tsp of crushed ginger, 1 tsp of chaat powder,2 tbsp of sugar, and 1 tsp of cumin.
- Next, into the blender, you have to add ¼ tsp of salt, and 3 tbsp of lemon juice, and then just blend, blend, & blend! Make sure to form a smooth paste out of it!
- Now that your mint & jeera paste is all set, you have to transfer a spoonful of the paste into a large glass.
- Add a few ice cubes, 2 slices of lemon, and a few mints leaves to the glass.
- The time has come to add a full glass of chilled soda to the mixture and mix it properly.
- For a last-minute finishing touch, you can garnish the refreshing drink with a slice of lemon and serve it immediately.
- You can adjust the quantity of lemon, salt, and sugar as per your choice.
- If you want a healthier version of this recipe, then you can opt for jaggery instead of sugar.
- For People who don’t prefer drinking soda, you can prepare this recipe by just using water.
Health Benefits Of Drinking Jeera Soda
Cumin seeds are fully loaded with fibers that encourage the production of enzymes by enhancing the gastrointestinal tract undertaking. Jeera is also considered as a natural medicine that has the capability of treating diseases like piles or various digestive disorders. Cumin seeds are also helpful in period cramps, IBS, and digestive spasms.(1)
Helps To Lose Weight
If you are someone who wants to lose weight, then jeera soda is one of the best recipes you can try! According to research, the key ingredient — “jeera,” helps in promoting weight loss. It further breaks down fat, carbohydrates & sugars through secreting enzymes which results in maintaining good gut health and improving the process of digestion. Moreover, jeera boosts metabolic rate and reduces bloating, eventuating in weight loss.(2)
Cumin seeds or jeera have an element which is known as “hyperlipidemia,” and this one is responsible for controlling the increased fat levels. High-fat levels are the reason for heart-burn, and it’s not a good symptom. Jeera Soda helps in making you stay away from high cholesterol levels and keep you healthy.(3)
Full Of Antioxidants
Jeera of cumin seeds is rich in antioxidants such as luteolin & apigenin. These elements help in preventing the small free radicals that can strike healthy cells from thriving successfully. Also, with the jeera soda drink, your body will be more healthy and make you feel energetic & active.(4)
Useful In Treating Diarrhea
One of the jeera soda benefits includes preventing diseases like diarrhea. It has certain properties that help in improving digestion and keeps Vata in control. Plus, it possesses the fluid in the small & large intestines because of its absorbent property.(5)
With this simple preparation, you will find it super easy to make and surprise your dear ones to make them happy. The best thing about this cooling drink is that it is extremely nutritious and delivers health benefits. Jeera soda can be considered as a magical drink, especially in the summer, because it is super refreshing & gives a soothing feeling to the mind & body. So, wasn’t this easy? Do try this recipe and let us know what you feel about it in the comment section!
Is it good to have jeera soda every single day in the summer?
Jeera soda is great for your gut health & improves digestion. You can definitely drink it every day, but take care of the sugar intake.
Is there caffeine in Jeera Soda?
The best thing about jeera soda recipe is that it is completely caffeine-free as well as alcohol-free. It’s naturally flavored with fruit juice.
What does jeera soda taste like?
The smell of jeera soda is more on the savory or tangy side rather than being sweet. However, the flavor is sweet, salty, and savory.