Table of Contents
Dragon Mushroom is a popular Indo-Chinese recipe where fried & crispy mushrooms are tossed into a sweet yet spicy sauce. This amazing appetizer is loved by so many people around the world. Today, I am going to share my quick & easy Dragon Mushroom recipe with you all!
Dragon Mushroom can be prepared in just 30 minutes, and also it can be best served with Hakka noodles or even with fried rice. It is a versatile dish which can be paired with a lot of dishes. This recipe is the best version of the Dragon Mushroom served in street or restaurant style. Let’s read the recipe now!
How To Make Dragon Mushroom?
Dragon Mushroom Recipe
- Medium-Sized Bowl
- Medium-Sized Pan
For The Marination
- 1 Cup Of Mushroom
- 2 Egg White
- 2 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Paste
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour Maida
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- Salt To Taste
For The Sauce
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Onion Chopped
- 2 Green Capsicum Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Garlic Finely Chopped
- 25 To 30 Cashew Nuts Finely Chopped
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 0.5 Cup Of Tomato Ketchup
- Salt To Taste
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add the mushroom. Marinate it with all the marination ingredients listed above for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium-sized pan, add oil and heat it. Simply fry the marinated mushroom and let it become crisp & develop a golden colour. But remember not to overly fry the mushroom.
- Keep the fried mushroom aside and add oil to the pan to heat it. Now add crushed cashew nuts, finely chopped ginger and garlic.
- When they start to change their colour, immediately add the chopped onions. Stir everything for a minute or two.
- Next, add salt and Kashmiri chilli powder. Sauté it for a few minutes.
- Add soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Combine everything well.
- Now, add the fried mushroom and stir well. Let everything cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish the Dragon Mushroom with finely chopped green capsicum and it is all set to enjoy!
- For making Dragon Mushroom, always use fresh & tender mushrooms.
- Do not over-fry the mushrooms as they might become soggy afterwards.
- This is actually a dry mushroom recipe, however, you can make the gravy version as well by increasing the quantity of cornstarch with chilli sauce.
- If you want your Dragon Mushroom to be more spicy, then you can add green chilli paste.
- Green capsicum have been used in this recipe, however you are free to use red or yellow capsicum as well.
Dragon Mushroom is best to consume when it is served hot. However, it can be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Dragon Mushroom tastes exactly how its name sounds, it’s all spicy, fiery and sweet! It’s one of the best Indo-Chinese dishes that you can make at your home in minutes and enjoy with your closed ones. Let us know your thoughts on this recipe and also share your experience with us in the common box below!
What Is Dragon Mushroom?
Dragon mushroom is an Indo-Chinese appetizer/starter recipe that is made with deep-fried mushrooms and coated into a sweet, tangy and spicy sauce.
Can I Use Any Type Of Mushroom To Make Dragon Mushroom?
For making the Dragon Mushroom recipe, button mushrooms are generally used, but if you like, you can try experimenting with different types of mushrooms such as portobello, shiitake or cremini.
Is It Okay To Make Dragon Mushroom Ahead Of Time?
It’s fine to make Dragon Mushroom ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to have it. But, we would suggest having it when it is freshly prepared because it tastes delicious when served immediately.