Table of Contents
Green plum tea is a super popular drink in Korea as “maesil cha,” in Japan as “ume tea,” and in China as “meizi cha or suanmeitang.” It is a simple fruit-based tea that does not take much time. Basically, this Korean plum tea is made by diluting the concentrated syrup of green plums.
The term “plum” is kind of misleading as, in fact, it is more equivalent to an apricot than to a plum. Basically, it originated in South China, and was later introduced in countries like Korea, Japan, and Vietnam. Its fruit is an integral part of the cuisines in all these countries.
The best part of this tea is that it can be prepared with hot as well as cold water, in accordance with your choice or maybe seasons. I prefer my maesil cha with cold water; it literally takes away my stress and helps me to relax better. I think it is the best for hot summer weather.
When I tried this recipe, I just fell in love with it! Do you want to learn more about this Korean green plum tea recipe? Today, let all of us make some delicious, sweet, and tangy green tea to make our evening perfect. Korean plum tea is a refreshing fruity drink that can be prepared in just 1 minute!
How To Make Green Plum Tea (Maesil Cha)
Korean Green Plum Tea (Maesil Cha)
- 4 Tbsp Korean plum extract
- 2 Cup Of Filtered Water Hot, Cold, Or Sparkling Water, According To Your Choice
- Few Ice Cubes Regular Size
- Honey Optional
- Pine Nuts Lightly Toasted
- Take a cup and add the Korean plum extract, and a few ice cubes.
- Add honey to taste, if you prefer it to be sweet.
- Next, pour the water into the cup. You can take hot or cold water, whatever you prefer.
- Give it a mix and sprinkle some pine nuts on top of it.
- And it is ready to serve!
- If you have clear access to the plum blossom flower, then you can use that instead of the pine nuts to make it look pretty & flavorful.
- For a change, you can also add lemon juice or grated ginger to the Korean plum tea for that extra flavor.
- If you are making use of sparkling water, which is the best for a hot day, then make sure to chill it first to attain a refreshing feel.
- Toasted sesame seeds can be a great alternative to pine nuts. Also, for a tropical effect, you can add shredded coconut to your green plum tea.
- You can also add a pinch of ground cinnamon in order to add warmth & sweetness to your green plum tea. Plus, to enhance the flavor of the plum extract, add a pinch of salt to it.
- Adding fresh mint or basil leaves to the tea can give you a refreshing & cooling effect. It will also give your tea a herbaceous twist.
- If you like that extra sweetness in your tea, try adding dried jujube dates for natural sweetness as well as it does offer many health benefits.
Health Benefits Of Green Plum Tea
Drinking Korean plum tea on an everyday basis can not only help you to keep yourself rejuvenated, but it can help in making your body healthy. As a consequence, you can stay healthy for an extended period of time. The hero ingredient of this tea is none other than — plum. It is the only reason behind numerous health benefits.
Helps In Combating Diabetes
Green plum tea helps in fighting against diabetes. Numerous studies have stated that plums have the ability to reduce blood sugar levels and regulate triglyceride levels in the human body.
Green plum tea helps in keeping your bones healthy. The presence of rutin and caffeine acid in green plum tea helps in impeding the deterioration of bone and prevents diseases like osteoporosis. And not just this, it also helps in enhancing bone density and its formation. It has also proved to be the best for old-aged people as it helps in restoring lost bone density because of their age.
Helps In Improving Cellular Health
Korean green plum tea can help in the formation of red blood cells, and it helps in stimulating healthy blood circulation as well as purification. Plus, the presence of copper in green plum tea is important for nerve health and behaves as an antioxidant. It also helps in preventing diseases like anemia.
Enhances Cognitive Health
There are flavonoids present in plum tea that are helpful in protecting the body against any age-related cognitive impairments. The phytonutrients of the plums can decrease neurological inflammation and enhance memory and learning processes. Even age-related diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s can also be treated using plums.
Have you ever got your hands on a fruit-based tea? If your answer is no, then you are definitely missing out on this delicious Korean green plum recipe. And if you have, let us and everyone else who has not tried know how your experience has been with such kind of tea in our comment section below. Korean green plum tea, sweet, tangy & refreshing tea, is a perfect drink. And trust me, once you try it, you are definitely going to add it to your priority list!
How Does The Green Plum Tea Taste?
When steeped properly, green plum tea comes up with a light golden colour and has a sweet & tangy taste.
What Is Plum Tea Made Of?
Green plum tea, or maesil cha, is a traditional Korean drink that is made from plum syrup, water, honey, and a few ice cubes.
Does Green Plum Tea Contains Caffeine?
No, it doesn’t contain any sort of caffeine until you add some other tea to it. It’s just the perfect tea when you are on a diet.
What Is Korean Plum Tea Good For?
Korean plum tea offers a lot of health benefits such as weight loss, better sleep, good skin, etc.