Table of Contents
Hey dessert lovers, I have come across a delicious and light sweet banana mousse recipe and I want to share it with you guys! If you are craving something creamy, light and a pleasant dessert after having a good meal, then this one is the perfect recipe for you all.
Banana mousse is a healthy dessert that is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, dietary fibre and more. Bananas are also known for their properties of being cholesterol-free and fat-free. It is a super yummy fruity dessert just like aamras and mango bingsu. You must try this recipe the next time you are craving something sweet! Let’s jump to the recipe now.
How To Make Banana Mousse?
Banana Mousse Recipe
- A Blender
- Whisk Beater
- Serving Bowls Or Containers
- 800 grams Of Bananas 5 Medium Bananas
- 4 tbsp Of Honey Or Adjust According To Your Choice
- 300 ml Of Whipping Cream
- 5 to 6 Drops Of Lemon Juice
- Start with peeling the bananas, slice them and then cut them into small chunks.
- Take a blender and add the banana chunks, honey and lemon juice.
- Blend everything until you get a smooth banana puree. Also, you have to make sure that there are no lumps in the puree.
- Next, add the whipping cream into the blender and mix until everything is mixed properly. Or, whisk/beat the whipping cream separately to stiff peaks and then add it to the banana puree to give it an airy and light texture.
- After the above step is done, add the mixture to the serving bowls or chosen containers.
- Cover the containers or bowls with aluminum foil or lid and keep them in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set them up.
- Your banana mousse is ready! Serve them by adding whipped cream, caramel drizzle, chocolate shavings, berry compote or banana slices and enjoy.
- To make banana mousse, always use fresh and sweet bananas. Avoid using under-ripe bananas because this might result in an astringent taste in the banana mousse.
- Instead of using honey as a sweetener, you can even use maple syrup, white sugar, raw sugar, coconut sugar or any other sweetener that you like.
- You can adjust the quantity of any sweetener you are using according to your taste.
- The whipping cream should have milk fat of about 25% to 50%.
- Adding lemon juice doesn’t let the bananas lose their original colour and helps to slow down the oxidation process.
- Before adding the banana mix to the containers, you can add a swirl of caramel to the containers and then add the mixture. Top it with a drizzle of caramel too.
- You can also add a vanilla wafer to the containers and then pour the banana puree on top of it.
- Add a layer of Biscoff spread along with crushed cookies on top of the banana mousse.
Shelf Life Of Banana Mousse
Banana mousse can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days in an airtight container.
This banana mousse recipe is an amazing treat for your taste buds that has the natural sweetness of ripe banana mixed with the light texture of whipped cream. It is a dessert that is extremely easy to make, so why wait? Make this banana mousse recipe and experience the subtle flavours of all the ingredients.
What Type Of Bananas Should I Use To Make Banana Mousse Recipe?
Always select ripe bananas for making this recipe. Choose bananas that have brown speckles on their skin and are slightly soft to the touch as these bananas have a strong flavour as well as they are perfectly sweet to taste.
Is It Okay To Replace Whipping Cream With Hung Curd?
Yes, you can use hung curd instead of using whipping cream, but remember that the taste would not be the same. It will be on the sour side and you will have to adjust the amount of sweetener.
What Are The Toppings That Can Be Used For Banana Mousse Recipe?
You can use different types of toppings for banana mousse such as banana slices, whipped cream, grated chocolate, caramel, berry compote, crushed cookies, etc.
Can I Use Full Fat Milk Instead Of Using Whipping Cream?
No, any type of milk cannot be utilized to make banana mousse because we don’t want it to have a consistency like pudding or custard.