Table of Contents
I don’t know about others but personally, berries are my all-time favorite! Especially in the summers. Eating a handful of fresh and flavorsome berries takes me back to my childhood days. Also, remember the times when we used to eat berries with muffins, pancakes, breads, etc. with so much love?
Yes! So, today we are going to add one such berry, which is blueberries with our most favorite — coffee! I know, it might sound strange at first but trust me, the combination just outshines every other thing on this planet. The sweetness of the blueberries compliments the aromatic flavor of the coffee.
It’s a perfect drink for your AMs and PMs! So, get ready to give your coffee a refreshing twist and with our recipe for a blueberry latte today!
How To Make Blueberry Latte
Blueberry Latte Recipe
- Small Pot
- 1 Cup Blueberries Frozen
- 4 – 5 tbsp Brown Sugar Or Sweetener Of Your Choice
- 500 ml Milk Of Your Choice
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 60 ml Espresso
- 1 cup Ice For Cold Coffee
- Whipped Cream For Garnishing – Optional
- Take a small pot and keep it over medium to high heat. Now, add the blueberries, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Cook together for 2 to 3 minutes.
- The blueberries should break down and the liquid should become smooth. Keep it aside to cool down a bit.
- Into a blender, put this mixture and give it a proper blend.
- Next, brew espresso and keep it aside.
- Take a coffee mug, add 1 to 2 tbsp of blueberry compote, and then add a few ice cubes.
- It’s time to add the milk of your preference and lastly, add the espresso.
- Give it a little stir and enjoy your blueberry latte!
- You can also use instant espresso instead of brewing espresso at the moment for making this drink. Or just make your instant brewed coffee & add but we would suggest to use espresso as this would enhance the taste of your latte.
- If you like your coffee to be sweeter, you can adjust the amount of blueberry compote or add extra sugar to your espresso while it is still hot. A coffee creamer will also work.
- If you don’t want to drink a cold blueberry latte, just skip the ice and warm your milk before pouring it into the cup.
- You can also use fresh blueberries for preparing this drink but do keep an eye on them as they tend to cook faster.
- You can top your blueberry latte with whipped cream if you like.
Isn’t this an amazingly refreshing drink to try this summer? Of course, it is! Also, You can enjoy your blueberry latte with some blueberry muffins or cookies, it’s amazing! I couldn’t resist myself from having a blueberry latte while writing this recipe for you all. So, what are you waiting for? This one recipe is made with love for all coffee lovers! Now go, try it out now, and don’t forget to mention your thoughts in the comment section below!
How do I prepare an iced blueberry latte without an espresso machine?
If you do not have an espresso machine, then you can use instant espresso. Or if you don’t find this good, then you can try brewing a strong coffee. And remember to use cream instead of milk.
Does Blueberry In Coffee Taste Good Or Not?
It’s not a common thing in reality, but actually, it adds its delicious flavor to the coffee & makes it excellent to drink. Also, the brown sugar used in this recipe gives it a similar kind of flavor to a blueberry crisp or pie.
What Does Blueberry Coffee Taste Like?
It’s sweet and has authentic flavors of coffee as well as blueberries. Everything is blended so well that it just refreshes your mind & soul.