Table of Contents
Cravings in winter for sweet & warm drinks are all we want, right? The sweet potato latte recipe is one of the perfect warm & comforting drinks to make your winters more special! A sweet potato latte or Goguma Lattes, as popularly known in South Korea, is a staple in every coffee shop.
Traditionally, Goguma Lattes are prepared without adding any coffee despite being named a latte. However, if you are a coffee lover, you can definitely add it to your drink! But, as you see, it can be a great option for those who want to avoid caffeine. Let’s read the recipe!
How To Sweet Potato Latte (Goguma Latte)?
Sweet Potato Latte (Goguma Latte) Recipe
- Medium-Sized Saucepan
- Mesh Strainer (Optional)
- 3 Sweet Potato Approx 600g (Cleaned)
- 6 Cups Milk Of Your Choice
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup/Sugar/Honey Optional
- 6 oz Strongly Brewed Coffee Or Espresso Optional
- Nutmeg Powder Optional
- Roast or steam the sweet potato until it becomes soft and tender. Let it cool down and then remove the skin.
- Next, take a blender and add the cooked sweet potato along with milk, cinnamon powder, and sweetener of your choice. Blend everything to make it smooth.
- Take a saucepan and heat it over medium to high flame. Add the mixture and keep stirring using a whisk until the preferred temperature is attained.
- If necessary, you can strain it using a mesh strainer and then pour it into your coffee mugs. Top it with foam and you can garnish it with powdered nutmeg or cinnamon.
- You can start by steaming the sweet potatoes first, but it’s better to roast them first. As it gives a nuttier & richer flavor to the drink.
- If you like, you can add coffee to the blender to give it a caffeine punch.
- For sweeteners and adding extra flavors, you can also use brown sugar syrup, orange simple syrup, or vanilla simple syrup. Almond extract is also a good option to add depth to the flavor.
- Sweet potatoes are sweet in taste, so add the sweetness attentively, according to your taste.
- For garnishing, you can sprinkle some finely chopped walnuts or almonds on top of it.
- It’s better to sip the sweet potato latte immediately after preparing it but you can store the extra latte in an airtight jar in your refrigerator for 2 days. Remember to shake the jar properly to mix the flavors before serving.
Goguma latte or sweet potato latte is loaded with flavors that are delicious and satisfying. Actually, it’s an excellent alternative to a pumpkin spice latte or strawberry latte. So, what do you think about this recipe? Well, we definitely want to know your thoughts after you have tried it in the comment section below!
Is It Okay To Utilize Canned Sweet Potatoes?
Well, yes but you need to ensure that it is not packed in syrup. You do not require to roast it in the first place because it will be steamed before being canned. Also, I would suggest you use fresh sweet potatoes.
Can I Utilize Sweet Potato Powder?
Yes, if fresh sweet potato is not available then you can go for it. But, remember that the taste and texture will be different and not as best as the one made with fresh sweet potatoes.
Does Sweet Potato Taste Good With Milk?
It actually tastes heavenly! The natural flavors of sweet potato when blended with milk & other ingredients, become an amazingly yummy rich & cream drink.