Table of Contents
Chinese soup is referred to as Dragon’s soup, and Dragon Phoenix Soup in China is also known as Lung Fung Soup.
The word lung means long or Dragon, and fung is referred to as phoenix in Chinese. This is a thick seafood or gou rou soup made with chili pepper, lemon, chicken, snake and Chinese vegetables.
We have used the vegetarian version of this soup. This soup is prepared from various veggies and seasonings. Here mushrooms are used in replacement of seafood. In another version of Lung fung soup recipe, chicken is used and this soup is known as chicken lung fung soup.
How to Make Lung Fung Soup?
Veg Lung Fung Soup Recipe
- 1 cup Mushroom (chopped)
- ½ cup Carrots (chopped)
- ¼ cup Cabbage (finely sliced)
- ¼ cup Cauliflower (tiny florets)
- ½ cup Baby corn (thick slices)
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Garlic
- 1-2 Green chili (finely chopped)
- 3-4 tbsp Spring Onions
- 1-2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Corn flour
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Black pepper and salt according to the requirement
- In a saucepan, heat oil, add ginger, garlic and green chili, and saute for a minute.
- After a minute, add mushrooms, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower and baby corn to the pan.
- Saute for a while, and then add water to the pan. Cook until the soup comes to a boil.
- Season it with lemon juice, black pepper and salt and simmer the soup for 5-8 minutes.
- Now dilute the corn flour in water and pour the diluted corn flour mixture into the soup and mix well.
- Let the lung fung soup thicken slightly, and then add spring onions. Check the flavors and serve the soup hot.
- You can also add lime leaves, and leek stems to the soup.
- If you find a thin film of oil on the surface of the soup, you can avoid using oil. And boil the vegetables in vegetable stock.
- In replacement of vegetable stock, you can use water.
- To add more flavor to the soup, add soy sauce and Maggi magic masala to your soup.
- A non veg version of this soup includes chicken and egg and is known as chicken lung fung soup.
Veg lung fung soup is a healthy, yummy, quick soup made with mushrooms, carrots, baby corn, cauliflower, and other veggies.
Sauteed in a pan with garlic, ginger and green chilli and boiled. The flavours are added by sprinkling black pepper and salt.
Corn flour is added to give a thick texture to the soup. The veg lung fung soup is garnished with spring onions and served hot with bread or rice.
The Chinese cuisine Lung Fung soup is considered to be the ideal cure for the common cold, sore throat, and seasonal flu. Two variations: Veg lung fung soup and chicken lung fung soup where chicken and egg soup is symbolized by several potent symbols, and for good reasons too. The soup’s ingredients, such as ginger, black pepper, and chilies, soothe you from the inside out, and the protein from the chicken and egg gives you the strength you need to break out of a rut.
What does the white substance in lung fung soup represent?
As soon as you turn on the heat, the pot begins to heat up and all that foam white, gray, or brown “scum” instantly rises to the top as it begins to simmer. What exactly is that stuff? Simple denatured protein that has congealed is what broth scum is. Not the bones, the meat is where it comes from.