Table of Contents
Drumstick Soup recipe is surprisingly easy to make and has a drumstick’s intense aroma and flavor. The procedure for making this soup becomes easy as the process of peeling the drumstick is eliminated. The leaves, flowers of drumsticks can be used to prepare a soup but here we are using drumsticks.
In this recipe, the drumstick is sauteed with garlic, onion and potatoes in butter and then blended in a mixer with milk and water.
Then the mixture is strained and cooked on a medium flame. Salt and black pepper are added, and the soup is sauteed for a while.
The milk helps to smooth the texture and balance the flavors, while the pepper acts as the classic final stroke in this masterpiece.
This healthy veg Drumstick Soup is made mainly from drumsticks and milk. Follow the steps and prepare this super easy and healthy drumstick soup.
How to Make Drumstick Soup?
Drumstick Soup Recipe
- 2 cups Drumsticks (saragavo)
- ½ cup Onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp Butter
- ½ cup Potato (chopped)
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ tsp Garlic
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- For Drumstick Soup, in a pressure cooker, heat butter, add drumsticks, garlic, onion and potato and on a medium flame, saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1-2 cups of water, stir well and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Before opening the lid, allow the steam to escape.
- Blend the mixture after it is cool, along with the milk and water, until smooth.
- With the help of a filter, strain the mixture.
- In a deep non-stick pan, pour the mixture, add salt and pepper, and cook on medium to low flame while mixing occasionally.
- In a bowl, serve the hot drumstick soup.
- You can use oil or ghee in place of butter.
- For a smooth texture, straining the soup mixture is essential.
- Cut the drumsticks into long finger size pieces.
1. Improvement of Digestive Health
Drumsticks are a rich source of vitamin B sources, such as riboflavin, which enhances the health of your digestive system. Food is known to be easier to digest when it is broken down by B vitamins. Drumsticks also contain dietary fiber, which helps with digestion.
2. Blood Purification Treatment
Drumstick leaves also aid in blood purification and blood pressure, which is another benefit. Drumsticks are a powerful antibacterial and have the ability to purify the blood. Regular intake of drumsticks can help your blood circulate more easily.
3. Improves Skin Health
Drumsticks offer moisturizing and cleaning qualities that protects the skin from toxic impurities. The anti-inflammatory properties help in improving skin health.
4. Promotes the growth of stronger bones
Drumsticks have significant calcium and iron content that helps improve bones. Consuming them can hence be quite important for building strong and healthy bone structures.
5. Strengthens immunity
Drumsticks boost the immune system and regulate body temperature in cases of fever. For this reason, one must consume drumsticks whenever the weather begins to change.
Drumsticks are rich in iron, calcium and magnesium. However, consuming drumstick or drumstick leaves has several side effects. Also, they are a good source of protein and fiber. This healthy and nutritious soup can be served along with some toasted bread.
What are the health benefits of drumstick soup?
Drumstick has a nutrient punch such as Vitamins A, C, K, and B and minerals, iron, calcium and magnesium. It is also a good source of fiber and protein, which are beneficial in promoting the overall health of a pregnant woman or everyone in general.
What can reduce the bitterness in soup?
Fats and sweetness can help in reducing the bitterness of a dish. So by adding a spoonful of sugar, butter or cream, the bitterness of the dish can be tamed.
What is the English name of the drumstick vegetable?
There are many names across regions where this plant is cultivated, such as drumstick tree, horse radish tree or moringa oleifera plant in English.