To accompany your main course, soup is a great way to go. Like veg Manchow soup, drumstick soup, bottle gourd soup, broccoli almond soup is a great appetizer.
If you are looking for a light yet healthy dinner, this broccoli almond soup is the proper meal. This soup is creamy and healthy, and outright delicious.
For the picky eaters at home, this healthy soup is a must-try. The ingredients used in this soup are broccoli, almonds, onions, garlic, and black pepper.
This wholesome soup with plenty of nutrients is prepared by cooking garlic and onion in a pan. The garlic and onion are tossed to combine in oil; broccoli is added, and steamed in hot water.
Once cool, the mixture is blended after adding almonds to it. The puree is simmered for a minute. Transfer the soup and serve after sprinkling black pepper and pinch of the almonds.
The broccoli almond soup hot can be served with garlic bread with herb butter, spaghetti with pesto, parmesan recipes, and zucchini salad.
Creamy and Healthy Broccoli Almond Soup Recipe
- 2 cups Broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp Garlic (finely crushed)
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Water
- ¼ cup Whole almonds
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- Wash the broccoli and chop other ingredients. Pinch the almonds and soak them in hot water and keep them aside.
- Peel the skin from all the almonds and put them aside.
- On medium flame, heat oil, add garlic and onion, and toss to combine until they are light brown.
- Once the onion becomes soft, add broccoli florets and saute for a minute.
- Add salt as per requirement, water, cover the pan, and steam the soup for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off the flame when the soup starts to boil. And allow the broccoli onion soup to cool.
- Add milk and stir. Then put milk, almonds, and broccoli mixture in a blender and blend to make a smooth puree.
- In a pan, pour this broccoli almond puree, boil it, and then turn off the heat.
- Heat the soup just before serving. Also, taste and adjust the flavors as per your requirements.
- Transfer the soup in a bowl and serve the broccoli almond soup after sprinkling black pepper powder on it.
- For healthy soup, if preferable, you can add more milk and avoid water.
- If you want the consistency of the soup to be thick, add a spoonful of cornstarch.
- You can strain the puree after blending for a thin consistency.
Broccoli almond soup is a pack of nutrients. In this recipe, broccoli is sauteed with onions and garlic in a pan until soft and blended with almonds to give a creamy texture to the soup.
This soup is very healthy as broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamins K and C, fibers, and potassium. Vitamin C protects the body from damaging free radicals.
What are the health benefits of broccoli almond soup?
Just like veg Manchow soup, this soup is an excellent choice for those who want to lose weight because it has low-calorie content. It is suitable for the heart as it has antioxidants, low-calorie, and anti-inflammatory properties. Broccoli helps in digestion due to the presence of fibers in it.
Which ingredients are used in broccoli almond soup?
The main ingredients to prepare this soup are broccoli, almonds, oil or butter, and milk. In a pan, oil or butter is heated, and garlic and onions are sauteed. Broccoli is added. After cooking, the mixture is blended, and the puree is prepared by adding almonds. The soup is served after sprinkling black pepper powder.
How to thicken the broccoli almond soup?
Add 1-2 tbsp of butter instead of oil and corn flour to form a thick paste. Stir and cook the soup for a while or until it gets thicker. Or you can add cheese to the soup.