It’s not clear where veg sizzler came from, but it may have started in India and then spread to places like Europe and the United States. Veg sizzler recipe is a popular vegetarian dish that is usually served with rice or bread. It can be found at many restaurants and cafes.
The idea behind the sizzler is to give people a hot, tasty meal that is also healthy just like French onion soup & manchow soup. In the past few years, vegetable sizzlers have become more popular as more people look for healthy plant-based foods to eat.
Veg Sizzler – A Perfect Plant Based Cuisine
- 1 tsp butter
- 4-5 garlic cloves Finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger Finely Chopped
- ½ cup carrot slices
- ½ cup boiled corn
- ½ cup tomatoes
- ½ cup boiled peas
- ½ cup green beans
- ½ cup red capsicum
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 100 gm Paneer
- 3-4 green capsicum
For Making Fried Rice
- 1.5 cup rice
- 2 chopped green chili
- ¼ boiled sweet corn
- ¼ cup chopped green beans
- ¼ cup chopped green capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup spring onion chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato catchup
- 1 tbsp red-chili sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
For Making Sauce
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup tomato ketchup
- ½ tbsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- ¼ cup jaggery
- Water to melt jaggery
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tsp oil
- For Garnishing
- 4-5 cabbage leaves
- Put butter in the pan and fry the paneer over medium heat until it turns light brown. Set it aside.
- To make stuffed peppers, boil the peppers and stuff them with rice.
- Now, heat the butter and oil in a second wok over a high flame. Add all the vegetables, ginger, garlic, salt, sugar, and pepper, and cook for 4-5 minutes over a high flame.
For Making rice
- Put oil and butter in a wok or large frying pan and heat it up.
- Now add all the vegetables and salt, and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato catchup & red chilly sauce.
- Add pepper powder and cook for a minute on high heat.
- Add the cooked rice and the green parts of the spring onions. Mix well with the vegetables, stir, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
For Making sauce
- Put tomato sauce, mustard powder, cumin powder, and red chilli powder in a mixing bowl. Blend well.
- Melt the butter in a pan, then add the ginger paste, garlic paste, onion, jaggery, and the water needed to melt the jaggery.
- Mix well and add the tomato sauce mixture.
- The last step is to add vinegar and cook the sauce until it gets a little thicker.
- When you’re done making the rice,sauce and stir-fried vegetables (You can add french fries, which is optional), put them all to the side.
- The last step is to get the sizzler tray ready.
- Heat the sizzler plate over a flame. A prepared oven can heat them for 30 minutes. Place heated plates on wooden trays.
- Place two cabbage leaves on plates greased with oil or butter. Put rice on one side and stir-fried veggies, stuffed capsicum, and fried paneer on the other.
- Serve it sizzling with corn, barbecue sauce, and extra butter.
- Spray water on the plates so they sizzle.
- If you don’t have a sizzler plate, preheat the non-stick tawa and put everything in it.
- Choose your vegetables and if you want you can add spaghetti or noodles.
Sounds and smells like a sizzling success; your sizzler is ready to be served.
There are no restrictions on what may or cannot be included in a sizzler; use your imagination. From tikkis to vegetables, noodles to rice, and sauce to croutons, you may combine all of your favourite items into a sizzler, while keeping the quantity large enough to serve two or three individuals.
What’s in Veg Sizzler?
Veg sizzler includes paneer, vegetables, sauces, rice, spices, and seasonings.
What may replace the sizzler plate?
Our households may not have hot plates to serve sizzlers. An iron cast plate or non-stick Tawa or pan are good alternatives.