The origin of Manchow soup is Meghalaya, however, it is available in almost every restaurant or street food cart.
Manchow soup is prepared with mixed vegetables and corn flour and flavored with soy sauce, salt, chili paste, pepper and predominantly ginger and garlic. It is garnished with fried noodles or spring onions or coriander.
Soup in general has many varieties and may be either vegetarian or non-vegetarian. To prepare this basic healthy vegetable-based soup recipe go through the steps given below.
Spicy Indo-Chinese Veg Manchow Soup Recipe
- For noodles
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 1 pack Of Hakka noodles
- Oil for deep frying
- For soup
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1-2 tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp Garlic (finely crushed)
- 2-3 Green chili (finely chopped)
- ½ Onion (chopped)
- ½ Carrot (chopped)
- 3 tbsp Cabbage (chopped)
- ½ Capsicum (chopped)
- 1 tbsp French Beans (chopped)
- 1 tsp Spring onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coriander stem (chopped)
- 3-4 cups Water
- 1-2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp Chili sauce
- ½ tbsp Corn flour
- Salt as per requirement
- For noodles, in a vessel pour water, salt and oil. When the water comes to a boil, add the Hakka noodles to it.
- Cook the noodles for 5 minutes or until they become soft and fluffy.
- Drain the noodles and wash them with cold water and put them aside.
- Now add corn flour to the boiled noodles and mix gently.
- Deep fry the noodles in the hot oil on medium flame and stir occasionally.
- Fry on both sides by flipping them over and take off when they turn brown and crispy.
- Cook all the noodles and keep the crispy noodles aside.
- Now in a large kadhai, heat oil, then add ginger, garlic and green chili.
- Saute them for a while and then add onions to them. Saute until it shrinks slightly.
- Now add carrot, cabbage, capsicum, French beans, spring onions and coriander stem in the kadhai.
- Mix and cook them for a minute. Pour water and add salt. Stir well. Let it boil for some time.
- Then add soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper powder and chili sauce. Mix all the ingredients.
- In a bowl take corn flour and add water. Make a slurry and break all the lumps.
- Stir well and add the slurry to the soup and cook until the soup thickens slightly.
- Mix and take off the soup from the flame. In a bowl serve the soup, and add the fried noodles to it.
- For richer flavors, you can add veg stock instead of water.
- You can use readily available fried noodles.
- Veggies of your choice can be added for example you can add mushrooms.
- Add fried noodles just before serving them.
Veg Manchow soup is a non-native cuisine however it has become an integral part of Indian recipes and is known for its spicy and sour taste.
The Manchow soup can be made with different ingredients and sauces although the basic and healthy soup recipe is the mixed vegetable-based veg Manchow soup.
Which ingredients are used to make Manchow soup?
Veg Manchow soup is an Indo-Chinese soup made with ginger, garlic, chili’s, mixed vegetables, soy sauce, pepper and other pantry ingredients. This flavorful soup is served with crispy noodles.
Is spicy veg Manchow soup healthy?
Since it is easy and quick to prepare, Manchow soup is something you must try. Manchow soup is filled with veggies and spices and is a healthy delight to those who are on a balanced diet or unhealthy.
Is Veg Manchow soup good for sore throat?
A bowl of spicy and hot veg Manchow soup is comforting when the weather is cold. For cough and flu, this soup is the best home remedy. The garlic and pepper in the soup have a soothing effect and aid in digestion as well.