The origin of this cuisine is believed to be Nepal. The word “momo” is probably derived from the Tibetan word “mog mog”.
The meaning of the word mo means food related to flour. In Tibet, the stuffing of the dish was typically meat, such as yak, and they occasionally used cheese and potatoes.
Nowadays, momos are made vegetarian to feed the larger population of vegetarian Hindus. With time, innovative and different dumplings started gaining popularity.
There are different types of momos available, such as veg momos, kothey momos, chocolate momos soup momos, cheese momos, fish momos, chicken momos and many more.
Chocolate momos have become a popular delicacy nowadays. The fusion of momos and chocolate makes a superb sweet dish.
To cook this tasty sweet chocolate momo dish, go through the steps mentioned below and enjoy the delicious chocolate momo with the chocolate sauce.
Delicious Chocolate Momos Recipe
- 2 cups Refined flour (all-purpose flour)
- ¾ cup Dark chocolate (melted)
- 1 cup Mixed nuts (crushed)
- ¼ cup Desiccated coconut
- Oil (salt and water for kneading)
- In a deep bowl, take mixed dry fruits, desiccated coconut and melted dark chocolate and mix well.
- Take all-purpose flour, salt and oil in a bowl and knead the dough. Let it rest for 30-40 minutes. On a platform, dust some flour.
- Cut the dough into 6-8 equal portions and roll out into thin discs.
- Take a cookie cutter and cut them into small equal discs.
- Put some stuffing chocolate mixture in the centre of the small disc. Bring all the edges together by pleating and shaping them into momos.
- In a steamer, heat some water, put some momos in it, cover and steam for 10-15 minutes.
- On a serving plate, arrange them and serve.
- Seal the momos properly to avoid the leaking of stuffing.
- You can use crushed chocolate instead of melted chocolate.
- Use any chocolate of your choice but make sure you crush them well before filling.
Momo is a bite-size dumpling made with all-purpose flour with a spoonful of stuffing. They are generally steamed and have a vegetable or meat filling.
The delectable chocolate momos are made with refined flour, dark chocolate, and dry fruits. Chocolate momos are a perfect dish for a dessert and a momo lover.