This delectable sweet corn soup is made with tender corn kernels, spices, and herbs. This comforting sweet corn soup is simple and quick to cook. This sweet corn soup is made in several cultures across the world.
There are many different variations of sweet corn soup depending on different countries. But the basic ingredients are sweet corn and spices. This sweet corn soup is a perfect dish for kids if you don’t use starch. This sweet corn soup can be served with noodles, cheese toast, and pasta.
This soup can be prepared at home just like other soups such as drumstick soup, moringa soup, and for the sweet corn soup, you can use frozen corn or corn on the cob. Also, tender corn can give the soup a sweet, sweet milky flavor. Follow the recipe below to prepare this delicious restaurant-style sweet corn soup at home.
Creamy And Satisfying Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- 2-3 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp Spring onion
- 1-2 cups Sweet corn
- ¼ cup Carrot finely chopped
- ¼ cup French Beans finely chopped
- 3 cups Water
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp Corn flour
- In a large kadhai, heat olive oil and saute ginger garlic paste for a while.
- Then, slightly saute spring onions and add sweet corn, carrots, and french beans.
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, add water and sweet corn and blend the mixture to form a smooth paste.
- Cook these ingredients for a minute, and then add water and sweet corn paste.
- Add salt, stir well, cover the vessel, and boil the soup for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Mix corn flour with water to ensure no lumps in the corn flour slurry.
- Add the corn flour slurry to the soup and mix well. Boil until the soup thickens.
- Finally, add black pepper powder, vinegar, and spring onion, and serve warm.
- To make your soup healthier and tasty you can add vegetables of your choice.
- If you prefer sweet soup, you can make it sweeter by adding 1 tsp of sugar.
- Check the consistency of the soup and add corn flour slurry accordingly.
- Potato starch can also be used to thicken your soup.
The easy, creamy, and tasty sweet corn soup is made with sweet corn kernels, spices, and herbs. This soup can be made with basic ingredients that are available in your kitchen.
This Indo-Chinese soup recipe can be made by heating oil in a pan and then saute the ginger, garlic paste, veggies, and sweet corn. Then the soup is put to a boil by adding water and sweet corn paste, and corn flour slurry.
Finally, when the soup comes to a boil and starts thickening, spring onion, pepper powder, and salt are added, and then the soup is served hot in a bowl.
Is sweet corn soup healthy?
This soup is good for health as sweet corn has omega-3 fatty acids, which help reduce the risk of heart-related disease. It helps to remove harmful fatty acids in the body.
Is sweet corn soup good for people with diabetes?
Yes, it is okay to have sweet corn soup if you have diabetes. Sweet corn is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It is low in fat and sodium.
Boiling sweet corn removes nutrients?
You will miss out on some great nutrients if you boil corn on the cob. Boring corn will leach some water-soluble nutrients, like florate, into the liquid and not be consumed.