Table of Contents
I scream, you scream, and we all scream for ice cream! Who doesn’t love having ice cream, we all right? Trying out different flavours of ice creams is all I ever want to do, and while scrolling my Instagram feed, I saw a post which was about guava ice cream! It got me curious enough to try it, and the recipe turned out to be super delicious.
So, today, I am going to be sharing one of my favourite Ice Cream recipes with you all, that is Guava Ice Cream. It’s my favourite because it is all-natural, creamy, nutty and sweet! The fruity flavour is so tempting that you cannot resist having one scoop after another. Do not wait anymore; try out this easy recipe, and thank me later!
How To Make Guava Ice Cream?
Guava Ice Cream Recipe
- Small Bowl
- Electric Beater
- Mixing Bowl
- Ice Cream Scooper
- 3 Fresh Guavas Amrood
- 1 Cup Of Milk
- 1 Cup Of Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup Of Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Of Water
- ½ Cup Of Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Salt
- 1 tbsp Chilly Powder
- To make guava ice cream, prepare the guavas first. If the skin is not too soft, I prefer peeling it off. Or else, simply chop them into small pieces without removing the skin. Keep some chopped guava pieces aside for later use.
- In a blender, add water and the chopped guava pieces. Blend it into a smooth puree.
- Using a colander, remove the seeds and let them sit aside for some time or refrigerate the guava puree.
- To prepare the garnish, take a small bowl and add salt, black salt & chilly powder. Mix properly and keep it aside.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, add the heavy whipped cream and pulse it by utilizing an electric beater. Continue beating it until soft peaks are formed, and the volume has been doubled.
- Next, add chilled milk, powdered sugar and condensed milk. Give it a quick mix.
- Now add the prepared guava puree and some chopped guava pieces into the bowl.
- Beat it until everything is well-combined, and when the bubbles start appearing on top, mix lightly so that the bubbles are dissolved.
- Now keep the bowl in the freezer and let it be there for a good 3 hours. It’s not necessary to cover it up.
- After 3 hours, take it out of the freezer and with the help of a spatula, give it a nice mix! This process is done to prevent the formation of ice crystals.
- Freeze it again for 3 hours. Once the guava ice cream is set properly, take it out and let it be out there at room temperature for about 5 to 7 minutes so that it has become slightly soft.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out the guava ice cream in the serving bowls and sprinkle the garnish prepared on top of it.
- Guava ice cream is ready to be served!
- Instead of using an electric beater, you can even use a whisk, but it will take a lot of time.
- If fresh guavas are not available at your place, then you can utilize frozen guavas or readymade guava pulp.
- To give your guava ice cream a nice pink colour, you can add food colour to the puree. However, I would recommend you only do this if your guavas are not that pink in colour. Plus, adding food colour is optional.
- If you want, you can eat this guava ice cream without the garnish. But, you must try it out once as it gives it a nice kick that cannot be beaten by any other flavour.
- In addition, you can use toppings like chopped almonds or toasted coconut to make it a bit crunchy.
It is best to consume guava ice cream immediately after it is served. However, it can be stored for up to 3 to 4 weeks in an ice cream container with a lid.
It’s never too cold to enjoy Guava Ice Cream! Yes, just assemble all the given ingredients in your kitchen and get set go to make the most delicious ice cream for yourself. If you try this recipe, then please let me know how it turned out for you in the comment section below. I am delighted to read your comments on my recipes!
What Is Guava Ice Cream?
Guava ice cream is a frozen dessert that is made using fresh guavas as the hero ingredient along with whipped cream, condensed milk, milk, sugar, and more. It is an amazing, flavourful frozen treat during the summer.
Can I Make Guava Ice Cream At Home?
Yes! You just need to assemble all the ingredients mentioned in this recipe and follow our easy step-by-step recipe. It is not as difficult as many people think and can be made in just a few hours.
Can I Make Vegan Guava Ice Cream?
If you want to make a vegan version of this guava ice cream, then you need to use almond milk or coconut milk, vegan whipped cream and vegan alternatives to other ingredients as well.