Table of Contents
Hey guys! Today, I am going with you to a highly favored Korean street food named “Gyeran Ppang.” It is commonly known as Korean egg bread. This snack is a fluffy, sweet, steamy, and hot piece of bread with a complete egg on top of it. It is a delicious street-treat that is sold all over Korea by street vendors.
Gyeran Ppang actually makes an amazing snack, especially if you are a fan of eggs. Interestingly, Gyeran Ppang can be the ideal alternative to your regular pancakes or toasts for your mornings! You can also enjoy this Korean egg bread in the evening. Every bite of gyeran ppang is comforting. It has a delicate texture as well as a pleasing aroma which is unforgettable.
Similar to Bindaetteok, Mandu Dumplings, and Dubu Kimchi, this particular dish is also loved by all people in Korea as well as all over the world. So, let’s not wait anymore and read the recipe, so that you can make it at your home and enjoy it!
How To Make Gyeran Ppang (Korean Egg Bread)
Gyeran Ppang (Korean Egg Bread Recipe)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Mini Loaf Pans
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- 3 tbsp Of Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cooking oil
- A Pinch Of Kosher Salt
- ½ All Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Stick Of Mozzarella Cheese Cut Into 6 Equal Pieces
- 1 Sliced Bacon Or Ham
- Tomato Ketchup
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 200° C (about 400° F).
- Take a large mixing bowl and prepare the batter by mixing sugar, butter, baking powder, kosher salt, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, milk, and 1 egg. Whisk until you get a smooth consistency.
- Now, take the mini loaf pans and apply cooking oil to the bottoms and sides.
- Load each & every pan about ½ full with the batter and make sure to divide it into three equal parts.
- Take two pieces of mozzarella cheese and place them into the edges of each batter, and leave a space in the middle for placing the egg.
- Next step is to crack an egg on the top of the batter filled in every pan.
- Now place the pans in the oven and let them bake for about 13 minutes.
- Take out the freshly baked Korean egg bread and enjoy it with your family and friends!
- Do not fill more than ½ of the mini loaf pans as the batter can overflow.
- You can also use the optional ingredients listed above as per your preference.
- If cooking oil is not available, you can make use of butter.
- If you like to have a solid egg, let it bake for about 15 minutes.
- Gyerang Ppang tastes the best when you have just taken it out of the oven. However, you can keep the leftover batter in a refrigerator but not for more than 24 hours. Microwave it the next day and enjoy.
- You can also make use of ramekins for baking.
When I first tried this recipe, I was overwhelmed by the taste of it! And cooking Gyeran Ppan is super fun & delicious! Enjoy the recipe, and let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
How Does Gyerang Ppang Tastes Like?
It is kind of sweet and the flavor of vanilla stands out. This is a perfect combination of sweet & savory.