Table of Contents
Hey guys, here we are with yet another interesting & healthy recipe to share with you all. Today we are going to learn about making Instant Pot Couscous. Couscous has gained popularity in recent years because of how easy it is to make!
There are different types of couscous available such as Moroccan couscous, Lebanese couscous and Israeli couscous. In this recipe, we have used pearl couscous, which is my favourite!
Couscous is a versatile dish as it can be used to make main courses such as pastas, soups, and salads, can paired with some curry, etc. It also goes well as a perfect side dish for any dinner items. Well, if you want a healthy diet, then you should include this in your daily diet!
How To Make Instant Pot Couscous?
Instant Pot Couscous Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1 Cup Of Pearl Couscous
- 1 & ¼ Cup Of Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt To Taste
- At first, press the sautè button given on the instant pot. Then add the olive oil & couscous. Cook it for at least 2 minutes.
- Select cancel on the sautè button. Add the vegetable broth and salt (adjust the amount of salt according to your taste).
- Now close the lid and seal your instant pot. Cook the couscous on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the instant pot has done its job, you need to press on the quick-release valve and wait until the steam comes to a stop.
- Fluff the cooked couscous using a fork and enjoy!
- Instead of using olive oil, you can even use butter to sautè the couscous.
- You can also season the couscous with Italian herbs if you like.
- To cook the couscous, you can also use beef or chicken broth if you don’t want this to be made as a vegan recipe.
Before storing the couscous in an airtight container, let it cool down first. Then, you can refrigerate it for up to 4 to 5 days. Also, it can be stored in a freezer for 3 months in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container.
Instant Pot Couscous is a simple and easy recipe that can be prepared within a few minutes. It’s the best side dish that you can cook when you are in a hurry or there’s no time for cooking a full meal for yourself. It’s healthy, saves time and lastly, it’s delicious! Try our quick recipe and leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
What Is Couscous, A Pasta Or Grain?
Actually, couscous cannot be categorized into one, however, it is somehow related to pasta. Couscous is made from semolina (ground durum wheat) and this is how it is similar to pasta.
What Is The Water Ratio To Be Used While Cooking Couscous?
Always follow the 1:1 ratio method. For example, if you are cooking 1 cup of couscous, then you will need 1 cup of water or any broth you prefer. If you will use too much liquid to cook then your couscous might turn around sticky & gooey.
Can It Eat Couscous Every Day?
Couscous is typically a healthy food item that you can have on a daily basis. It gives you that comfort to include it in your balanced diet and it’s a good source of protein, vitamins, fibre, etc.
Is It Okay To Cook Couscous With Vegetables In The Instant Pot?
Absolutely. For this, you can add diced vegetables such as peas, carrots and bell peppers into the instant pot and then start cooking. Just make sure that the vegetables are cut into small pieces, this will help for even cooking.
Is Couscous Gluten-Free?
Couscous is not gluten-free as it is made from wheat.