Table of Contents
Have you tried UBE Latte before? Well, honestly I was unaware of this incredible beverage and then one day, I was scrolling through my social media & got inspired to make one for myself!
So, what is UBE? UBE is a purple yam that has its origins in the Philippines. The flavor of the UBE Latte is nutty, earthy, sweet and vanilla-like, similar to the Misugaru Latte or Sweet Potato Latte! It’s famous and used to make most Filipino desserts, where it is boiled, mashed and combined with condensed milk.
UBE Latte has a beautiful purple colour, and does not take much of your time to make this delicious beverage. Once you try this drink, trust me, this will be on your favorite drinks list forever.
How To Make UBE Latte?
UBE Latte Recipe
- Large Glass/Measuring Jug
- Milk Frother/Small Whisk/Fork
- Serving Glasses
- 4 tsp Of UBE Extract
- 4 Shots Of Espresso 120 ml
- ½ Cup Of Milk 120 ml
- 2 tbsp Of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Ice Cubes Optional
- Whipped Cream Optional
- Take a large glass or measuring jug, whatever is available and add the milk, sweetened condensed milk and UBE extract.
- To blend everything properly, you can use a milk frother, a small whisk or a fork as well.
- If you are preparing an Iced UBE Latte, then take 2 glasses and fill them with ice cubes.
- And if you are preparing a Hot UBE Latte, then you will have to microwave the above-prepared milk mixture for at least 40 to 60 seconds. Remember to mix well and heat it in 10-second intervals until it has reached your expected temperature.
- Next, pour the UBE milk mixture equally into two serving glasses.
- Now it’s time to brew the espresso and split it up equally into the two glasses. Stir gently.
- Add whipped cream on top of the UBE latte. But this is optional and you can even skip it.
- Your UBE Latte is ready to be enjoyed!
- To make UBE Latte, you can use any milk of your choice such as oats milk, regular milk, almond milk, etc.
- If you are making an Iced UBE Latte, then always use cold milk. This way, you will not have to use more ice cubes.
- You can adjust the amount of milk if you like your UBE Latte to taste mild.
- For making a smooth UBE Latte drink, utilize cold brew. Also, it should be strong enough to get balanced with the milk mixture.
- If you want your UBE Latte to taste extra nutty, then you can replace the milk with horchata.
- You can add tapioca pearls to give it the bubble tea twist.
The UBE Latte can be stored in your refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 to 3 days.
We all keep drinking the same old lattes and are not ready to try something new at times. But it’s good to explore and that’s why, we at “Bite N Sip” keep bringing new recipes to the table for you to enjoy! Try UBE Latte the next time you are craving something yummy & different.
How Many Calories Does UBE Latte Contain?
UBE Latte contains approximately 95 calories but this might change when you will make use of different types of milk or add sugar for extra sweetness.
Is It Okay To Use Instant Coffee?
Yes, you can use instant coffee by just adding 2 tbsp of it into 60 ml of hot water, and your coffee shots are ready to use.
How To Make A Vegan UBE Latte?
For that, you just need to use dairy-free milk and vegan condensed milk.
Is UBE Latte Caffeine-Free?
No, because UBE Latte is made with espresso shots.