Table of Contents
We all know about Dalgona coffee, it was trending during the covid lockdown and was liked by everyone. The word “dalgona” is considered to have emanated from a specific retro beverage in Korea, which actually tastes like a honeycomb toffee.
In addition, a substantial dalgona is also known as “ppopgi” locally and is actually made with baking soda and molten sugar. If you have got instant coffee, sugar & water in your kitchen, you can easily make this unique recipe. It is super delicious and beautiful to look at!
As this coffee kind of resembles this Korean sugar candy, it was quoted by a famous TV personality in Macau, South Korea. Nonetheless, the Dalgona coffee does not include real Dalgona sugar candy. But the flavors and appearance do match.
Well, today let us explore this special recipe and learn how to make this!
How To Make Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Hand Blender
- 2 tbsp Instant Coffee
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Hot Water
- Cold Milk As Required
- Ice Cubes As Required
- Sweetener For Milk If Needed
- Take a bowl and add coffee, sugar, and hot water. Stir well.
- Use a hand blender in order to whip this mixture to make it fluffy. It will take around 3 – 5 minutes.
- Next, in a serving glass, add sweetened milk and ice cubes.
- Now top it with whipped coffee.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Adjust sugar according to your preference.
- If you want you can skip adding ice cubes to the sweetened milk.
- You can store this whipped coffee in a refrigerator but in an airtight container.
- You can sweeten the cold milk with sugar and condensed milk as per your choice.
- You can also use a whisker to make a foam and it might take about 10 to 15 minutes.
If you have already made this recipe, let us know in the comment section below about your experience and if you liked it. And if you haven’t, then this recipe is a must-try!
Is It Okay To Refrigerate The Dalgona Foam?
Definitely yes! The dalgona foam will remain intact for a few days but after some time, it will start to get watery.
How Dalgona Coffee Becomes Fluffy?
Utilizing enough sugar will make sure that you will attain a soft & fluffy foam. And if you are using a hand whisk, you need to keep patience for achieving medium to stiff peaks.
What Is The Difference Between Dalgona Coffee And Whipped Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is also referred to as whipped coffee and it is actually a coffee that has been whipped into a creamy and foam-like texture.