Table of Contents
Are you looking for a quick and healthy breakfast/snack recipe that doesn’t take much time yet satisfies your hunger? Well, we are here with yet another super quick, delicious and healthy recipe — “Veg Malai Sandwich!”
Early mornings are quite busy, and everyone is in a rush to head out for their work. It might get a little overwhelming to prepare breakfast, but not anymore! Yes, a vegetable malai sandwich is your saviour now, and moreover, I adore this recipe because it is quite nutritious, filling and quick.
The best part of this recipe is that it can be easily customized; you can add or subtract the ingredients according to their availability. Don’t worry about the taste; each version will have its own flavour. I like to enjoy my sandwich with Tomato Chilli Jam; I think it’s a great combination.
How To Make Vegetable Malai Sandwich?
Malai Sandwich Recipe
- A Large Mixing Bowl
- Grill Pan
- 24 Slices Of Bread Of Your Choice
- 1.5 Cups Of Fresh Malai / Cream
- 1.5 Cups Of Carrot Grated
- 1.5 Cups Of Capsicum Finely Chopped
- 1.5 Cups Of Onion Finely Chopped
- 9 tbsp Of Cabbage Shredded
- 9 tbsp Of Sweet Corn
- 6 tbsp Of Coriander Finely Chopped
- 1.5 tsp Of Black Pepper Powder
- 1.5 tsp Of Freshly Chopped Green Chillies
- 1.5 tsp Of Mixed Herbs
- Green Chutney For Applying
- Processed Cheese Grated
- Butter For Cooking & Applying
- Salt To Taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the main ingredients, like carrot, capsicum, onion, cabbage, sweet corn, coriander, black pepper powder, green chillies, mixed herbs, and salt, and mix well.
- Next, add the fresh malai and combine everything well.
- Now apply butter along with the green chutney on the bread slices and then spread a sufficient amount of vegetable malai mixture on each one of them evenly.
- Sprinkle some grated processed cheese. Then, cover them with the remaining bread slices and gently press them.
- Apply butter on top of the bread slices.
- Take a grill pan and heat it. Now place the sandwiches on the pan and grill until nice golden colour marks appear on both sides of the sandwiches.
- Take them off the pan and repeat the same for the next batches of sandwiches.
- Cut the sandwiches into triangles, or you can skip this well.
- Hot and crisp vegetable malai sandwiches are ready to be served!
- It’s fine to use the bread that you prefer, and there are a lot of options, such as white bread, brown bread, multigrain bread, wholemeal bread, etc.
- You can also use vegetables of your choice to make the vegetable malai sandwich.
- You can replace green chillies with chilli flakes.
- You can serve the vegetable malai sandwiches with tomato ketchup, green chutney, or any other sauce/chutney.
- This sandwich can be eaten without grilling it on the grill pan, and it tastes amazing.
It’s best that these sandwiches are eaten right after they are prepared. However, to store the sandwiches, simply wrap & put them in an airtight container and refrigerate for 1 or 2 days.
So, wasn’t this easy and quick? Don’t forget to pick up fresh vegetables from the market and other ingredients to make this super creamy & flavourful sandwich to make this amazing veg malai sandwich for yourself! Just prepare the filling, spread it over the bread and grill, grill, grill! What else can be easier than this!
What Is Veg Malai Sandwich Made Of?
Veg malai sandwich has a filling which is prepared using several ingredients like fresh malai (cream), onion, capsicum, black pepper, etc., and it is spread on the bread slices. The sandwiches can be grilled or toasted to savour their flavours.