Table of Contents
Our Tomato Chilli Jam recipe turned out to be the best, and I couldn’t resist sharing it with you guys! Tomato Chilli Jam is an extraordinary side dish because it can be preserved in an airtight container for several weeks or months and can be savoured for a long time.
Tomato Chilli Jam gives your dishes a tangy, spicy and refreshing punch, and it’s quite versatile; it can be served as a dip or spread for most of your favourite dishes. I know that these types of jams are available in canned packages, but why go for canned jams when you can make your own?
Making Tomato Chilli Jam is super easy; you just need to prepare the required vegetables, add the spices and stir! Wait until the ingredients melt down into a sticky & luscious mixture. Isn’t it mouthwatering? Let’s not wait any further and move straight to the recipe.
How To Make Tomato Chilli Jam?
Tomato Chilli Jam Recipe
- Medium-Sized Saucepan
- Glass Jar
- 1050 g Of Cherry Tomatoes Nicely Chopped
- 540 g Castor Sugar
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 60 g Ginger Peeled & Finely Chopped
- 6 Garlic Cloves Finely Chopped
- 6 Red Chillies Finely Chopped
- 1.5 Lemon Juice
- 6 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the chopped cherry tomatoes, castor sugar, olive oil, ginger, garlic, chillies, lemon juice, white vinegar & salt and place it over low to medium heat.
- Now increase the heat to a high level, bring it to a build and then reduce the heat to let it simmer. Keep stirring sometimes, and not allow it to stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Allow all the ingredients to melt & bubble appropriately so that you can mash everything to make the consistency thicker & smooth.
- Cook everything until a thick consistency is achieved. After the jam is broken down and caramelized, allow it to cool down. Remember that the Tomato Chilli Jam will get thicker when cooled down. Store it in an airtight jar.
- The Tomato Chilli Jam is ready to be enjoyed with your favourite toasts, pastas or more.
- If cherry tomatoes are unavailable, it’s okay to use medium or large-sized tomatoes to make jam.
- Instead of using castor sugar, you can even make use of brown sugar to make it healthier.
- If you want the Tomato Chilli Jam to be very spicy, then do not remove the seeds. But if you would like to make a milder version of your Tomato Chilli Jam, consider removing the seeds present in the chilli because they contribute to the heat.
- Also, when it comes to cooking a spicy Tomato Chilli Jam, it is important to understand that different varieties of chillies do not have equal terms of heat. Also, even with the same variety of chillies, the level of spiciness might vary.
- To make sure you attain the desired level of heat in your Tomato Chilli Jam, it is essential to examine the intensity of the chillies beforehand.
Once the Tomato Chilli Jam is prepared, put it into a glass jar and keep it in a cool, dark place, such as in your Kitchen cupboard, as it should be kept away from direct sunlight/heat. You must allow the jam to mature for at least 5 to 6 weeks, as this will help it enhance its flavours. However, it will still taste amazing when served right away.
Also, if you have a jar that is partially filled, refrigerate it and try to finish it within one month in order to maintain the freshness of your jam. Generally, jams, chutneys or pickles have a shelf life of approx. 6 months. And for your best experience, it’s better to savour the flavours within this period. Remember to use clean, sterilized jars to store the Tomato Chilli Jam.
It’s time to indulge in a delectable and fiery experience with our easy-to-make Tomato Chilli Jam recipe. This recipe has a burst of vibrant flavours and a pleasant assortment of cherry tomatoes, spicy chillies, aromatic ginger & garlic.
It is a perfect homemade jam for complimenting & elevating the flavours of other dishes such as burgers, toast, sandwiches, etc. Also, it completely outshines as a delectable dip for crackers, cheese board, crispy chicken and more. Now, enough of this reading! Go, make the most delightful Tomato Chilli Jam for yourself right now!
What Is Tomato Chilli Jam Made Of?
Tomato Chilli Jam is made using cherry tomatoes, spicy red chillies, garlic, ginger, white vinegar, olive oil and a few more ingredients.
What Is The Difference Between Tomato Chilli Jam & Tomato Chilli Chutney?
Jam and chutney, both contain sugar, but when it comes to a jam, it is much sweeter, while a chutney will have a more acidic and tangy flavour.