Table of Contents
Oh, we got it!
So, we got it!
Yo, we got it!
Here, we’ve only got one rule:
Never ever let it cool!
Keep it cookin’ in the pot,
Remember something? It’s the song that is sung in the Polar Express movie while the waiters serve hot chocolate to the children. Who isn’t a big fan of the “Polar Express” movie and the hot chocolate? Come on, everyone, raise your hands!
It’s so much fun to watch this scene, and you know what’s more fun than that? Preparing a cup of Polar Express hot chocolate for yourself! Anyway, I have always been on a journey to find the best hot chocolate recipes, and I landed on this one.
Make Polar Express hot chocolate when there’s a get-together with your family members/friends or a special occasion! I am sure everyone’s going to love the thick, sweet and decadent cup of hot chocolate!
How To Make Polar Express Hot Chocolate?
Polar Express Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2.25 Cup Of Dark Chocolate Finely Chopped
- 3 Cups Of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups Of whole Milk
- 8 tbsp Of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Of Vanilla Extract
- Toppings Of Your Choice
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream (half of it) and slowly whisk in the unsweetened cocoa powder. Keep stirring until it is mixed well. This might take a few minutes to combine the cocoa powder with the heavy cream.
- Next, add the chopped dark chocolate, milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and the remaining heavy cream. Stir well to mix everything.
- Keep cooking on low to medium heat until the dark chocolate is completely melted and all the ingredients are combined well.
- Keep stirring in between to make sure the mixture doesn’t stick at the bottom of the saucepan.
- Mix continuously until the mixture bubbles and has reached the desired thick consistency.
- Your Polar Express hot chocolate is ready! Just serve it with your preferred toppings like marshmallows, chocolate shavings, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, etc.
- If your hot chocolate tends to become too thick, then you can add a few tablespoons of milk and stir to achieve your decided consistency.
- Use chocolates of good quality so that they melt nicely and have a nice flavour and texture as well.
- Always use heavy whipping cream to make this recipe because it will give it a creamy, thick and rich texture.
- There are plenty of topping options that you can use, such as chocolate chips, candy canes, milk chocolate shavings, cocoa powder, etc.
- Do not add all the ingredients in one go! It’s necessary for you to follow the steps mentioned above. Otherwise, lumps will be formed, and the texture will not be the same.
Before transferring the Polar Express hot chocolate into an airtight container, let it cool down first. Then refrigerate it for up to 2 to 3 days. Before serving, reheat the hot chocolate on the stovetop over low-medium heat. Remember to stir vigorously.
I love this Polar Express hot chocolate recipe because it’s thick, creamy & sweet! Do you guys have a hot chocolate recipe that’s your favourite? Nutella Hot Chocolate is one of my favourites! Well, I would love to know about that and would be grateful if you would take out some time and share that special recipe with us!
What Is Polar Express Hot Chocolate?
The Polar Express hot chocolate recipe is inspired by the popular movie Polar Express. It is made with dark chocolate, milk, heavy cream and a few more ingredients.