Table of Contents
Turkish apple tea is also known as “Elma Cayi” in Turkish and is quite easy to make with a delicious taste! Over the years, this particular drink has become the most popular drink among tourists.
It gives you a refreshing feel in the summer if consumed after chilling it and adding a few ice cubes, and perfect for winter nights when served hot. Either way, traditional Turkish apple tea is the simplest & healthiest tea I’ve ever come across!
Turkish apple tea is served in small glasses like tulip on a serving tray along with a spoon & sugar cubes. It is actually very cute to look at! Also, Turkish apple tea is completely caffeine-free, just like Jujube Tea and Yuzu Tea.
How To Make Turkish Apple Tea?
Turkish Apple Tea Recipe
- Medium-Sized Saucepan
- Serving Glasses
- Tea Strainer
- 6 Apples Fresh & Sliced
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 10 Cups Of Water
- 2 Lemon Slices Optional
- 2 tsp Honey Optional
- Take a medium-sized saucepan and add apples, cinnamon sticks, cloves, water and lemon slices. Bring it to a boil over low to medium heat.
- After it starts to boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a tea strainer, strain the tea into a teapot or directly into the serving glasses. Remember to gently press the apples & lemon slices to extract all the juice that can be attained.
- You can add honey to the tea to give it a sweet flavour.
- Serve your hot Turkish apple tea immediately!
- If fresh apples are not available at the moment, you can even use dried apple pieces.
- Honey acts as a perfect sweetener in Turkish apple tea, and remember not to cook it with other ingredients because the flavour will be ruined. Just add it after removing the tea from the heat.
- You can even infuse green tea or black tea into the Turkish apple tea by placing a tea bag in your cups. Allow it to sit for a few minutes and enjoy.
- Feel free to add more fruits to the tea, such as pineapples or pear slices, to make it more flavourful.
- To make an iced tea version of the Turkish apple tea, strain it and then refrigerate it for a couple of hours. Serve it by adding a few ice cubes and additional apple slices.
- I have not peeled the apples as it helps to get a more intense flavour of the apples. But if you want, you can just use the peeled apple slices.
If you want to store the Turkish apple tea, then pour it into an airtight container and refrigerate it for one or two days. When you feel like drinking it, over medium heat, just reheat the tea in a saucepan.
The ingredients mentioned above are already in your kitchen, and the only ingredient you might need is fresh apples! It will just take you a few minutes to make yourself a hot cup of Turkish apple tea to feel the warmth in this chilled weather! Plus, the goodness of apples and other spices will make you feel energetic throughout the day.
What Are The Ingredients Used To Make Turkish Apple Tea?
Turkish apple tea is made of water, fresh apple slices, cloves, cinnamon sticks, lemon slices and honey if required.
Is It Okay To Drink Turkish Apple Tea Every Day?
Turkish apple tea is healthy as it contains low calories and is a flavourful tea drink that can be enjoyed every single day. Just take care of your sugar intake, or you can completely skip adding any sweetener to the tea.
Drinking Turkish Apple Tea Promotes Weight Loss?
It is a fact that consuming warm beverages like Turkish apple tea can help you burn a lot of calories, but you also need to have a balanced diet and regular exercise to achieve the desired results.