Table of Contents
Our favorite Jaggu Dada aka Jackie Shroff has been winning our hearts through his amazing work in the movies. But nowadays, he has been seen getting viral for sharing his amazing recipes, one of them being “the fried bhopla” recipe, with us on social media!
His recipes are being loved by people and they are sharing their videos on social media making those recipes, isn’t it impressive? So, I thought of sharing the fried bhopla recipe with you guys today. Let us also try it out and see how it tastes!
Jaggu Dada’s Bhopla Recipe
Fried Bhopla (Pumpkin) Recipe
- Medium-Sized Saucepan Or Wok (Kadhai)
- 1 Cup Chopped Pumpkin Cut Into Small Cubes
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds Saunf
- 1 to 3 Green Chillies Cut Slit
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt According To Your Taste Preferences
- Few Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves Optional
- Take a medium-sized saucepan or a kadhai (whatever is available), and add mustard oil. Heat it on a medium to high flame.
- Now add cumin and fennel seeds. Wait until they begin to splitter and then add the curry leaves. Stir well.
- Add the chopped pumpkins and then add green chillies on top of it.
- Sprinkle some salt as per your taste preference and remember not to mix it while it is in the saucepan.
- Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes and that’s it, turn off the heat.
- Garnish the fried bhopla with few coriander leaves. However, this is optional and if you want, you could skip this
- Your bhopla is ready to be served!
- It is suggested not to mix the ingredients while they are in the saucepan because this way the pumpkin will turn out to be crispy at the bottom and super soft on top.
- Always use fresh curry leaves to make this recipe.
- You can also adjust the quantity of chillies as per your liking.
It’s a very easy and simple recipe to make with very few ingredients! Also, pumpkin is my favorite vegetable and I love this recipe because it is super healthy as well. Well, try this special recipe and let us know in the comment section below!
What Can I Eat With Fried Bhopla?
You can simply eat it just like an appetizer or else it tastes great with roti (tortilla) along with some kind of pickle.
What Does Fried Bhola Taste Like?
Bhopla or Pumpkin natural & earthy sweet-like taste. When cooked with green chillies, curry leaves & spices, it has a sweet, savory & spicy flavor.