Table of Contents
Which fruits come to your mind when you think about summer? We are talking about lychee, which is a bright-colored & refreshing fruit that is sweet, tangy & aromatic! Today, I am going to share my favourite lychee juice recipe with you!
Lychee juice tastes amazing with a touch of lemon juice, mint leaves & sugar. In simple words, it tastes delicious! It is a perfect cooling drink for summer to quench your thirst. You must experience the real lychee zest this summer!
How To Make Lychee Juice?
Lychee Juice Recipe
- A Blender
- Serving Jar or Glass
- 15 Lychee pitted
- 4 Cups Of Water Cold
- 4 tsp Sugar Adjust According To Your Taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Ice Cubes For Serving
- Fresh Mint Leaves For Garnishing
- Lemon Slices For Garnishing
- Small Lychee Slices Optional
- Rinse the lychee fruits properly, peel off the skin & remove the seeds.
- Cut the lychee into small pieces and keep a small portion of it aside for garnishing purposes.
- Now, take a blender and add the lychee fruit, lemon juice, and sugar. Blend in well to make a smooth puree. However, if you like the syrup to be slightly chunky, then try not to make it a fine puree.
- Also, if required, you can add a few tablespoons of water to make the blending process smooth. The lychee syrup is ready!
- Next, to make the lychee juice, take a jar or glass and add the lychee syrup to it.
- Add cold water and mix well. You can also add some more sugar and lemon juice according to your taste preferences at this point.
- Mix everything appropriately and add a few ice cubes, garnish it with some slices of lychee, lemon slices & fresh mint leaves.
- Serve fresh lychee juice right away!
- Before picking up the lychees, always check them as sometimes they might have worms if they are not fresh.
- If fresh lychees are not available, you can use frozen lychee, canned lychees, or lychee juice.
- There are many alternatives of sugar that can be utilized such as jaggery, brown sugar, honey, palm sugar, or maple sugar.
- If you like, you can try adding some grated ginger into the blender for that extra flavor.
- If you want your lychee juice to be super smooth & fine, then strain it before pouring it into the glasses.
- The lychee syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 days. Make sure to use an airtight container for storage.
Health Benefits Of Lychee Juice
1. Clears Out Kidney Toxins
Lychees contain enough amount of water and potassium, and these nutrients help in flushing out the kidney toxins from the body. It also helps in minimizing uric acid levels & reduces the risk of damaging both the kidneys.
2. Improves Blood Circulation
Lychees contain a high amount of copper and it is an essential element for our body because copper helps in increasing the production of red blood cells. This further helps in improving the blood circulation of the human body and oxygenation of cells & organs.
3. Aids In Weight Loss
Lychee is rich in antioxidants and fibres and these elements play an important role in losing weight. Also, lychee contains very less calories and this makes lychee juice an ideal beverage to lose weight.
4. Boosts Immunity
As lychee contains a high amount of vitamin C and ascorbic acid (ABA), it helps boost immunity and encourages the white blood cell’s activities, and safeguards our body from harmful bacteria.
5. Promotes Healthy Skin
One of the main reasons for dry & dull skin is none other than oxidative stress which happens because of free radicals, resulting in the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, or blemishes. As lychees are rich in vitamin C, they help in minimizing the adverse effects of free radicals and delay the process of aging.
Note: It’s important to consume lychee juice in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Additionally, individual health conditions and dietary preferences may impact the extent to which these benefits apply. Always consult with a healthcare professional for personalized dietary recommendations.
Isn’t it a super easy and amazing process to make lychee juice at home, right? This summer, this can be your go-to healthy & refreshing drink that will help you to beat the heat! With its vibrant & soulful color, it is going to blow away the cobwebs this summer! Do mention your experience in our comment section below.
Is It Okay To Use Canned Lychees Or Lychee Juice To Make This Recipe?
Yes, you can surely utilize canned lychees or lychee juice to prepare this recipe. But if fresh lychees are available, then it is suggested to always go for them as canned products contain too much sugar or additives.
Can I Prepare Lychee Juice Ahead Of Time?
Yes, it’s perfectly okay to make lychee juice in advance. Just make the lychee syrup and store it in your refrigerator. At the time of serving, you can have water or soda accompanied by the garnishing ingredients.
Is It Possible To Make A Lychee Juice Recipe Without Using Sugar?
Definitely, you can make this amazing recipe without sugar but make sure that the fruit is sweet enough! If the fruit is sweet then there will be no need to add sugar in the juice. It’s totally up to you how much sweetness you prefer!