Table of Contents
Ci Prendiamo Un Caffè? Are you confused about what it means? Well, it’s a famous saying in Italian which means “Shall We Have A Coffee?” You might be thinking why Am I speaking in Italian, right? So, today we are going to try the famous Italian coffee which is — Piccolo Latte!
In Italian, Piccolo means small and it is a mini version of the café latte which is prepared with a ristretto shot of espresso and topped with full-fat steamed milk served in small latte glasses.
If you don’t know what a ristretto shot is, then let me tell you! It is a highly concentrated shot of espresso and has a strong flavour. And the steamed milk when added helps to balance the strong flavour of the ristretto shot.
The name itself is intriguing enough to give it a try, right? Let’s not wait any further and give this recipe a quick read to prepare this unique coffee drink at your home!
How To Make Piccolo Latte?
Piccolo Latte Recipe
- Espresso Machine
- Latte Cups
- 250 ml Of Whole Milk Of Your Choice
- 30 g Of Finely Ground Espresso Coffee
- Add the finely ground espresso coffee to the portafilter and tamp the coffee properly.
- Fix the portafilter to your espresso machine and then brew the espresso.
- Now to make the ristretto shot, the process of filtration has to be stopped after 15 to 20 seconds. This will help in achieving a strong flavour.
- Next, add the ristretto shot into the small latte glass.
- On the other side, take a medium-sized saucepan and add the milk. Let it heat over medium flame and make the steamed milk.
- Pour the steamed milk into the latte glasses and your Piccolo Latte is all set to be enjoyed!
- If you want your Piccolo Latte to be more frothy and lightly fluffy, then you are free to use milk frother.
- If you prefer your coffee drink to be a little on the sweeter side, then you can add a few teaspoons of sugar.
- If an espresso machine is not available at your home, then you can simply utilize freshly brewed coffee. But make sure to make it strong enough so that it doesn’t lose its strong coffee flavour when combined with milk.
Piccolo Latte is a recipe that is best consumed when served fresh. However, you can store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. If you want to reheat it, then heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the Piccolo Latte.
Piccolo Latte, is a special drink that is prepared using espresso shots and steamed milk which is delicious and has a beautiful aroma that you are gonna love whole-heartedly! In this latte, little steamed milk is used when compared to the regular latte, which is why it is one of the best coffee drinks for those people who prefer a strong and powerful flavour of espresso. Try out this recipe ASAP and let us know your thoughts about this!
What Is Piccolo Latte?
A Piccolo Latte also known as “Macchiato Latte” or “Baby Latte”, is a coffee drink that originated in Australia. The word “piccolo” means “small” in Italian and Piccolo Latte is generally served in small cups or glasses when compared to regular lattes.
What Is The Difference Between A Piccolo Latte And A Regular Latte?
A Piccolo Latte is typically smaller than a regular latte and it usually contains a single/double shot of espresso with just a small quantity of frothed milk. Also, the Piccolo Latte contains a higher coffee-to-milk ratio when compared to a regular latte.
Can I Use Non-Dairy Milk As An Alternative To Make Piccolo Latte?
Yes, there are a lot of milk alternatives that can be used to make Piccolo Latte such as almond milk, oats milk and soy milk. But you must know that different types of milk might froth in a different way, and therefore, you will have to experiment to receive the desired texture.