Table of Contents
This Blackcurrant Mojito Recipe is similar to the traditional Mojito Recipe in containing mint, lime juice, and club soda. On the other hand, it has been supercharged with Blackcurrant cordial, which, as you will be delighted to find out, comes with a neat little hit of vanilla added into the mix.
Blackcurrants are, without a doubt, one of the tastiest berries I’ve ever enjoyed eating. The amount of vitamin C found in blackcurrants is quite high, and these berries also contain good antioxidants and anthocyanins.
These blackcurrant flavours set this Mojito on fire and make it stand out. Imagine crisp, juicy flavours and just a touch of tart during the summertime, all wrapped up in the seductive sweetness of vanilla undertones.
How to Make Blackcurrant Mojito
Blackcurrant Mojito Recipe
- 5-6 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 20 ml Blackcurrant cordial
- ¾ cup Club Soda or Sparkling Water
- 4-5 Ice cubes
- 2-3 lime wedges optional
- First, squeeze the juice of one lime into a tall glass and add five or six mint leaves. Using the muddler, combine the ingredients.
- On top of that, arrange the lime wedges and then add the ice cubes. As you add the lime wedges, give each one a light squeeze.
- To the glass, add the cordial made from blackcurrants.
- After adding the soda water and stirring the mixture, garnish with the mint leaves and serve.
- Instantaneously ready to be served.
- You can substitute freshly brewed blackcurrant jam or syrup for the Blackcurrant cordial if you prefer.
- Instead of using ice cubes, you should use crushed ice to achieve a chilled effect.
You don’t need to look any further if you’re looking for a long, icy summer drink to impress yourself (why not?) or some guests. This Mojito with Blackcurrant is bursting with fruit flavour and has a light fizz. Including Blackcurrant, lime, mint, and vanilla in a flavour profile will surely win you over.
What is Blackcurrant cordial made of?
Blackcurrant cordial is a non-alcoholic fruit drink concentrate made from Blackcurrant, sugar and water.
Is Blackcurrant Mojito good for your health?
Just like the Raspberry Mojito and Strawberry Mojito, Blackcurrants mojitos are high in antioxidants and anthocyanins, in addition to vitamin C. These can help boost your immune system, relieve sore throats, and alleviate flu symptoms.