A traditional mithai in India, this kesar mawa peda is a rich Indian sweet flavored with cardamom and saffron. This classic dessert is often enjoyed at festivals across the country.
Saffron-infused Milk Fudge, also known as Kesar Peda, is a very quick and easy dessert to prepare in less than 30 minutes. For a perfect texture and taste, follow the steps carefully.
Easiest and Tastiest Kesar peda Recipe
- 300 grams Khoya (Mawa), homemade or readily available
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 15 Saffron strands (Kesar)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tbsp Cardamom powder (Elaichi)
- 1 tbsp Chopped Almonds/ Pistachios
- 1/2 tbsp Ghee
- Take a small pan and warm the milk without boiling it. Let the saffron soak for a while and then use it.
- In a non-stick pan, put crumbled khoya (mawa) and sugar while stirring continuously for 6-7 minutes on low heat. Initially, the khoya will melt, then thicken again.
- Once the khoya has thickened, put cardamom powder and saffron milk in it. Cook for a little while until the khoya thickens up considerably. A sticky dough-like consistency is obtained and the khoya starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Switch off the flame and allow the peda mixture to cool. Once cool enough to touch, grease your hands with ghee and knead it lightly to get rid of lumps if any to have a smooth mixture. Also, a little ghee can be added at this stage to give a shine to the dough.
- Roll the mixture of peda into a log and cut them into 12 equal pieces. Roll them into small balls and put a dent in the center with your thumb and add chopped dry fruits to it. Place the kesar peda aside for a while to cool down before serving.
- You can add a little ghee in a nonstick pan to prevent khoya from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- Store the kesar peda in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- It is also possible to add a small pinch of food color if you wish.
Kesar peda is a traditional Indian dessert very well-known and a favorite sweet among kids and adults. The kesar peda recipe is so quick and easy to make during festival gatherings like Diwali and Holi to serve to your guests.
It has the dominant flavors of saffron and cardamom with the intense richness of mawa. The charm of this traditional kesar mawa peda is sure to please every generation of Indians.
So, Why wait? Try this yummy dessert at your home.
Which state is notable for PEDA?
In general, Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, also known as Braj Bhoomi, is well-known for both its temples and its gastronomic specialties.
Does peda help people lose weight?
No, it is not advisable for diabetics, the heart, or those trying to lose weight.
Is mawa the same as khoya?
Dried milk solids from evaporated milk are referred to as khoya, mawa, or khoa.
How long is milk peda good for?
Milk pedas only last approximately two days at room temperature, but they can last up to a week or two in the refrigerator.