Table of Contents
Misugaru, also known as misutgaru, is a traditional Korean multigrain powder. It is quite filling and made with 7 to 15 different types of grains, beans and even seeds. Misugaru diet is extremely popular among Koreans as it is known to be a go-to drink for losing weight.
When you guess about the taste of misugaru powder, you might get blank or think that it may have a bland taste. But it has an amazing nutty & malty flavor & beverages that are prepared using misugaru such as Misugaru Latte, taste delicious as well as aromatic. Misugaru is also used as a topping for Bingsu because it enhances the taste.
How To Make Misugaru Powder?
Misugaru Powder Recipe
- Steaming Baskets
- Oven Trays Or Normal Trays
- Muslin Cloth
- Medium-Sized Saucepan
- Blending Machine
- Fine Mesh Sieve
- 1 Cup Of Brown Rice
- 1 Cup Of Millet
- 1 Cup Of Glutinous Rice
- 1 Cup Of Black Rice
- 1 Cup Of Barley Rice
- 1 Cup Of Black Soy Beans
- 1 Cup Of Regular Soy Bean
- 1 Cup Of Dried Corn
- Take one bowl and add all the rice grains like brown rice, black rice, barley rice, glutinous rice and millet. Wash them properly by adding water until the water gets clear and then discard the water.
- Now, take another bowl and add all the beans like black soy beans, regular soy beans and dried corn. Repeat the wearing process.
- Remember to keep the rice grains separate from the beans for seaming.
- Next, soak the rice grains and beans in fresh water separately for at least two hours.
- Pack them in the steaming baskets and set them to steam until they become soft and firm too.
- Take a baking tray and cover it with a muslin cloth. Spread the rice grains evenly and the beans on another baking tray the same way.
- Put them into the oven on low for about 10 minutes so that the beans and rice grains are all dried properly.
- However, you can also do this by spreading them evenly in normal trays and leaving them out to dry on their own. Any method is fine, it just needs to be dried correctly.
- By the next day, rice grains and beans are going to be super dry and now, you have to mix the rice grains and beans together. If there are any big chunks, just break them using your hands or spoon.
- Next, take a medium-sized saucepan and lightly toast the mixture for a few minutes on low to medium heat.
- Allow them to cool down in a way that you can touch them with your hands.
- Add the mixture to a blending machine and blend them on high power to make this into a fine powder.
- After blending the mixture, run them through a fine mesh sieve.
- Your misugaru powder is ready!
- Always use good quality rice grains and beans to make misugaru powder as the quality of the ingredients will have an impact on its taste.
- Do not mix the grains and beans together. Wash them separately and let them dry separately.
- You can increase the quantity of the ingredients if you want to make misugaru powder in larger quantities. But make sure to get an equal amount of every ingredient.
- Do not blend them when they are hot. Let them cool down and then carry on with the process.
- It should be a fine powder and that’s why it is recommended to use a fine mesh sieve.
Misugaru powder has a shelf life of approximately 5 to 6 months and it must be stored in an airtight container or a zipper pack. Put it in the refrigerator or freezer so that it does not get bad.
Health Benefits of Misugaru Powder
Promotes Weight Loss
This multigrain powder helps in losing weight because it is rich in fibre and fibre gives you a feeling of fullness for a long time, which prevents you from overeating. This helps in not eating up too much and keeping the junk food away.
Rich In Nutrients
Misugaru powder is fully packed with nutrients as it is made with different types of grains/beans. All the ingredients used are a good natural resource of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibre. Moreover, the complex carbs present in this multigrain mix minimize blood sugar spikes that result in cravings.
Promotes Heart Health
Misugaru powder keeps your heart healthy as the ingredients are a good source of essential nutrients and fibre. The fibre content helps in reducing cholesterol levels and the soluble fibre tends to produce a get that helps bind cholesterol and obstruct absorption. Therefore, you must add misgaru to your diet.
The high fibre content helps in improving digestion by enabling regular bowel movements & preventing constipation. This promotes digestion and it results in relieving gastrointestinal discomfort.
The ingredients in misugaru contain antioxidants and minerals that help in boosting immunity. The antioxidants protect cells from getting damaged and the essential nutrients help in producing immune cells. Incorporating misugaru powder in your diet can help you to improve your immune system and its ability to combat any illness, eventually promoting a healthy lifestyle.
Misugaru powder can be eaten in numerous ways but most of the time it is used as a mixture to prepare beverages such as lattes, smoothies, coffees, etc. One of the most common ways to make the drink is to add a dalgona whip on top of it in Korea. So, what are you thinking? Go and assemble the ingredients fast to make the misugaru powder and enjoy its flavors!
What Is Misugaru Powder?
Misugaru powder is a traditional Korean multigrain powder that is quite popular among Koreans. It is wonderfully tasty as well as filling. It is made with a combination of steamed grains & beans.
Is Misugaru Powder Good For Losing Weight?
Misgugadu powder contains zero caffeine, essential nutrients, calcium, and folates and is low in calories. Korean people drink this in order to lose weight and it tends to keep you full for a longer duration.