Ridge gourd and patra are used in an innovative way in Turiya patra. However unusual the combination may seem to you, Gujarati tradition uses it frequently. Gujarati turiya patra nu shaak is a dish that must be served at weddings conducted there.
Gujarati Special Turiya Patra nu shaak
For Green Masala Paste
- 3 pcs Ginger
- 3 pcs Green Chili
- Coriander as per taste
- 4 pcs Ridge Gourd
- 100 ml Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Black Mustard
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coriander-Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Green Masala Paste
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 10 pcs Curry Leaves
- 2 rolls Patra (Steamed)
- Consider a mixer jar. Add the chopped coriander, green chili, ginger, and garlic. After grinding, set it aside.
- Slice the ridge gourd into the desired shapes.
- Oil should be heated in a pan. Pop it after adding black mustard seeds.
- Ridge gourd dice and turmeric powder are added. After stirring it, cover the pan. For 10 minutes, cook.
- Then mix in the salt, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, and red chilli powder.
- Remix after adding the green masala paste. Cook it again for 5-7 minutes with the lid on.
- Grab a different pan and warm the oil in it. Add curry leaves and cumin seeds. Calm them.
- Put this patra into the pan with the ridge gourd after that. It is mixed and briefly cooked. It's time for Turiya Patra. Serve warm.
- Furthermore, the taro leaves, also known as patra, are loaded with nutrients. They contain a lot of vitamin A. As a result, it is really good for your vision.
- This ridge gourd is a particularly virtuous choice for people following a low-calorie and low-carb diet because it is incredibly low in calories and carbs. Regular use of ridge gourd can assist to regulate blood sugar, making it suitable for diabetics.
The paatras are typically added without first steaming, however this method requires a longer cooking time. Therefore, I always advise heating the ridge gourd vegetable and adding the patras, as in this quick and simple recipe.
We’ll end this discourse with the recipe for the unusual dish turiya patra sabji. I sincerely appreciate your time. Don’t forget to add this page to your browser’s favorites and share it with your loved ones, coworkers, and friends. I appreciate your reading. Get cooking, now!