Table of Contents
Do you need a drink that you can count on during the summer? This Watermelon Mojito recipe is delicious and will quench your thirst in no time!
The watermelon mojito is an updated version of the original Mojito, a beverage with Cuban origins. The contemporary version of this drink gained popularity in the 1930s, thanks to novelist Ernest Hemingway.
These cocktails, created with fresh watermelon and mint, lime juice, and a splash of bubbly club soda, are perfect for patio nights, parties, or leisurely summer days spent by the pool or in the backyard. By using the same method we can make other mojitos, such as coconut mojito, mint mojito, and orange mojito. Here, let’s discuss watermelon mojito recipe.
How to Make Watermelon Mojito
Watermelon Mojito Recipe
- Three-Piece Cobbler Shaker with Built-In Strainer ( You can have your Shaker and Strainer Separately too.)
- Twisted Bar Spoon with Disk Muddler
- 25ml/50ml Measure
- 1 cup watermelon pieces ½ to 1″ size
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup Club soda
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 2-3 slices lime optional for garnish
- Place the watermelon pieces in a small bowl or jar. Muddle the watermelon pieces to extract the juice. Then add fresh mint leaves and muddle for a few seconds to bruise the mint leaves.
- Fill a serving glass halfway with the watermelon mint muddled mixture.
- Pour in the ice cubes, lime juice, and chilled club soda. Mix gently and adjust the sweetness as needed.
- Serve a fresh watermelon mint mojito garnished with mint springs and lime slices.
- If you wish to enjoy an alcoholic version, substitute rum for club soda and serve it over ice.
- To savour its fresh flavours, try to consume it on the same day.
- Always use chilled Sprite or club soda.
- To make the drink even more refreshing, freeze some of the watermelon pieces and use them instead of regular ice cubes. This will prevent the drink from getting diluted as the ice melts.
- You can use a spoon or pestle if you don’t have a muddler.
This season-appropriate watermelon mojito has a flavour that is both effervescent and delicious. The taste becomes exquisitely sweet when juicy watermelon is added to the mixture. It is one of the finest cocktails of all time! These Watermelon Mojito Cocktails are an excellent way to combat the heat and the perfect drink to sip during hot summer.
How come my watermelon mojito tastes bitter?
Too much tearing or crushing of the mint might result in a drink with a bitter taste because it produces chlorophyll, which has a harsh taste. Thus, when you muddle, think of it as a gentle squeeze.