Table of Contents
Hey! You’re welcome to yet another amazing recipe blog which is from Thailand! This time I thought of introducing you to one of the most naturally flavorful Thai drinks — Thai Pandan Drink!
It’s a 10-minute recipe and it just requires a handful of ingredients. It is simple, refreshing, and can be enjoyed both cold and hot! Now let’s just get straight to the recipe without wasting time!
How To Make Pandan Drink?
Pandan Drink Recipe
- Medium-sized Pot
- Fine Strainer
- Glass Jar
- Serving Glasses
- 40 Pandan Leaves
- 16 Cups Of Water
- 1 Cup Of Brown Crystalline Sugar Or Honey
- In a medium-sized pot, add water and bring it to a boil.
- Next, pandan leaves have to be cut into small sections, which must be approximately 2 to 3 inches.
- Now let it boil for 5 minutes and using a fine strainer, strain off the liquid. Discard the pandan leaves.
- Add the brown crystalline sugar and stir properly to dissolve. Honey is also a good alternative that can be used to make pandan drink.
- Allow it to cool and then pour into a glass jar. Now refrigerate it for some time.
- Lastly, pour it into the serving glasses and add a few ice cubes. Serve immediately!
- If there is an unavailability of fresh pandan leaves, then it’s okay to use the frozen ones.
- If you like, you can use honey instead of using brown crystalline sugar. Also, adjust the sweetness according to your preference.
- You can also add sea salt to the drink, it’s completely your choice.
- You can have this drink warm, just skip refrigerating it and adding ice. Serve immediately after straining the drink.
Pandan drink is a cool and perfect beverage for the summer season. Some other beverages that can be your perfect summer drink are jeera soda drink, ginseng tea, or strawberry latte. However, give the pandan drink recipe a try, and let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!
What Are Pandan Leaves?
Pandan is actually a herbaceous tropical plant that grows in the Southeast. It is also known as the fragrant plant in Chinese as it has a sweet & unique aroma. These bright green leaves are spiky, slender, and long. In Southeast Asia, pandan leaves are utilized to bring a unique aroma and taste flavor to drinks, savory dishes, and desserts.
What Is Pandan Drink Made Of?
It is a three-ingredient beverage that includes pandan leaves, water, and brown crystalline sugar.
Is It Okay To Consume Pandan Drink Daily?
Pandan drink has a lot of benefits as it is loaded with antioxidants and has powerful antihypertensive properties. It helps to control blood pressure and boost heart wellness. You can have this once daily.